« Home | A bright red, beautiful barn! » | Sleepover!!! » | I never knew I loved Marietta, GA! » | My friend Sam. » | A hot wedding for a hot couple! » | My Wisdom Teeth are Gone... » | The beginning of the season » | What a summer! » | Welcome! »

Back to the old stomping grounds!

I met Emilie and Whit while they were planning their wedding here in Nashville. It turned out that they both were UGA graduates like myself, and actually knew a few people that I went to high school with! What a small world. Their plans changed, and ended up having their wedding in Dawg country, Athens, GA. I was happy to go back! Their Ceremony was at the lovely John Oliver Michael House, and even though the day began with rain, the temperature cooled down, the rain went away, and it made a perfect day for the wedding. What I enjoyed most about this wedding was just being able to watch Emilie and Whit interact with each other, and with everyone around them. Emilie is so kind, and Whit seems to always put a smile on people's faces. And that is what I love about photography! Being able to sit back and just watch people and find those moments that we too often forget we ever had.






About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile