« Home | Our Anniversary! » | Franklin Bridal Ball » | Rebecca's Bridal » | Laura & Michael, Wedding Sneak Peek » | Anna & Joe's Wedding Day » | An amazing week! » | Rebecca & Scott, Wedding Sneak Peek » | My little sis, Jess » | Neeti & Sharran, Wedding Sneak Peek » | Julia's Bridal »

The anniversary outing!

First of all, thank you to everyone for your well wish's on our anniversary! It really made my day to read them all :). This year we forwent the traditional 3 year anniversary gift of leather, and instead just decided to spend the day together. We work so much, it is rare for us to have a day off just to hang out, this was super special for us. Here's a little summary of our day...



First off we had a wonderful breakfast at Pucketts in Franklin. It was my first time there and I can't wait to go back. The atmosphere was so cozy, and I loved staring at all the store items on the wall while we ate. The best part was that we used a gift certificate that we received from our realtor when we bought our house 3 years ago. Yes, it takes us a while to use gift certificates...



After we wandered around Franklin for a while, we decided to go see The Dark Knight. It really was a great movie, but I think it was a little overhyped for us. It was never boring, the cinematography was great, the acting was really good, but I thought the story was just missing some of the mystery the first one had. However, Heath Ledger's performance was amazing, he was so creepy it was hard for me to look at him! But even with how disturbing he was the Joker did make me chuckle several times.

After the movie, we went to check on the status of the iPhone for Peter, and of course there was none there. We then checked into the Courtyard by Marriott on West End (a gift from my dad!) and just relaxed until it was time for dinner. The hotel customer service was wonderful, the rooms clean, and the Marriott beds are always comfortable.



We chose the Marriott because Valentino's is right next door, and that is where we had our anniversary dinner. My food was delicious, especially the Cesar Salad and my Smoked Salmon Pasta. Peter wasn't as thrilled with his seafood pasta, but he gobbled up mine when I was done! Even with how small the restaurant was, it was still very loud and not quite as romantic as I was hoping for. The service was excellent though and we were completely stuffed and content by the time we left!

Even though we were still in Nashville it felt like a mini vacation for us. It was a perfect day. I can't think of anything I would rather do than spend time with my husband relaxing and having fun! As for pictures of the day, we left our camera's at home- not very photographer of us is it?!

-Whitney

Sounds like you guys had a blast! :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile