« Home | Laura's Bridal » | Website back up! » | Website Down » | Emily & Jeremy: Enagagement Sneak Peek » | The anniversary outing! » | Our Anniversary! » | Franklin Bridal Ball » | Rebecca's Bridal » | Laura & Michael, Wedding Sneak Peek » | Anna & Joe's Wedding Day »

A bit of a confession....

Last week was hard for me. My days were long as I was working in getting caught up in this busy season. The only thing on my mind was photographs and by the end of the week that was the last thing I wanted to think about. But of course we had a wedding and not thinking about photographs was just not an option. I was frustrated and tired by the time we left for our 3 hour drive to Dyersburg.

The drive was easier than I thought and once we arrived in Dyersburg I could sense my excitement building wondering what the wedding was going to be like. We had never met Mary and Chris in person, so we had an even larger surprise ahead of us than usual. As the day went on, the previous week slowly drifted from my mind. Instead I was thinking about the love Mary and Chris had for each other, the excitement on everyone's faces, and how much their family and friends enjoyed being together.

By the end of the night I was exhausted, but thrilled to have taken part in such a wonderful day. It reminded me why I love what I do and what a privilidge it is to take part in a wedding. The week before was forgotten and I couldn't wait to look over all the images we had captured.

Even with the stress that comes with what I do, I can't imagine doing anything else. This image from Mary and Chris's wedding is just a little taste of the happiness that characterized the whole day.

It's so nice to hear from someone else the same passion and reasons for doing what we do. Sometimes I wish I could be there when they open the blog for the first time and see their photos. :)

awww this one is so pretty! Well of course it is- all your pictures are! I can't wait to see the rest of my bridals! I think we need an Alex and Jessica wedding sneak peak-hahaha hint hint! Don't get stressed though!

Beautiful day,
Beautiful wedding,
Beautiful bride!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile