« Home | Anna & Joe, Franklin, TN Wedding » | Now Introducing.... Stephanie! » | Shannon & James Nashville Wedding » | E-mail is working!!! » | E-mail Update » | Thank you! » | Family Update » | Info » | Home » | A Little Snow Before Las Vegas »

My uncle, Eddie

I've been thinking about this blog post for a while now, and every time I start writing, it begins to turn into a book. So I've decided to share just the quick story of what has been going on with us this past week for now.

Last week, my uncle Eddie passed away very suddenly, and Peter and I were once again in Georgia for a funeral. It was such a blessing that we were able to spend time with him when we went down for my grandmother's funeral a few weeks before. You may wonder why I have so much to share about this, and if you knew Eddie you would understand. I loved Eddie, along with many, many other people. If you ever met Eddie, you would never forget him. At Eddie's visitation there was almost a 2 hour wait for people to speak to his wife and children. The funeral home said that they had never had so many people at a visitation.

Eddie's life has never been easy, but the great thing about him was that he loved life with a passion and lived it to his fullest. The story of Eddie is one of fighting cancer, fighting to live a full life, and family learning to love no matter what. Eddie's wife, my aunt Lori, knows what the vows "for better or worse" really mean. I can't wait to share his story with you, but for now here is a photograph of me and Eddie at my wedding 3 years ago.



-Whitney

Hi Whitney,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Losing loved ones is such a hard thing. During these times in our lives we really reflect on how precious life truly is. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Andrea

Whitney I'm so sorry. Please know that you are in our prayers and please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

Love,
Mel

Thank you so much Andrea and Mel.

Whitney

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile