« Home | Final Photo Class for the Year Coming Up! » | One of the many reasons I love my husband! » | Friday's Finds with Audrey » | Intro to Photography, round 2! » | Bride's Choice Award Winner! » | Laura & Michael- Married! » | Dove Sweets! A Success!!! » | Carefree, Arizona- Photography Conference. » | Rebecca & Scott- Married! » | Dove Sweets- Classy and Fun Boudoir Event! »

Friday's Finds with Audrey - Invitations

Wedding invitations can be a tricky thing. I say that to mean, while they are a necessity for your wedding and you want them to be unique and reflect your style, they can get really expensive really fast. Once you start adding in envelopes, reply cards, reply envelopes, etc…the bill can add up quickly. This was my conundrum when searching for invitations.

I wanted them to be special and unique, but I didn’t have the money to go to a stationary store and have them designed. While on the hunt, I fell in love with some custom, hand-made invitations in the most unexpected of places…eBay! eBay has a lot of auctions for custom invitations. You will of course have to sift through a lot of the junk, but if you have the patience you can find some real gems on there.

One of my favorite sellers is net1graphicsdesign2bup, out of Chicago.  They make hand-made invitations and have a lot of colors to choose from so that you can customize them to fit your color scheme. But of course the best part is that their invitations are $3 or less per invitation set. As a side note, if their auctions have ended, you can always use the contact seller through eBay and email them. Here are a few of my favorite invitations that they make…

Chocolate & Pink Invitation:



Another place I have discovered that does wedding invitations is Hatch Show Print here in downtown Nashville. If you are not familiar with them, they are one of the oldest working letterpress shops in the US. They also make all of the show posters for performers that play at the Ryman. While I do not have a photo to show you of a wedding invite they have done, I have visited their shop and their invites are truly unique and truly Nashville. And best of all….inexpensive! You can check out their site for more information.

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend, and please let me know if there is a specific “find” you would like me to blog about.

-Audrey

 

 

About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile