« Home | Amy: A Bridal Session » | Feature on Pictage's Blog! » | The Quiet Blog- but not for long! » | Friday's Finds with Audrey - Invitations » | Final Photo Class for the Year Coming Up! » | One of the many reasons I love my husband! » | Friday's Finds with Audrey » | Intro to Photography, round 2! » | Bride's Choice Award Winner! » | Laura & Michael- Married! »

Friday Finds with Audrey - Cameras

Ever since I was a little kid I have loved taking photographs. I can remember many summer days playing around with my Grandfather’s old camera outside of our house. Most of the pictures are pretty bad or completely silly, but I cherish those memories.

Just recently, after taking Whitney’s photo class and becoming a Canon convert, I traded in my Nikon D70 for a used Canon 30D. I am still learning the in’s and out’s of the camera and how to use all of its functions, but I am loving the process.  However, there are days when I miss the simplicity of the old plastic cameras I used to play with as a kid. So I thought this week would be fun to share with you a couple of cameras that I am in love with and plan on purchasing for myself very soon.

You know those old photographs you look at and the color is really rich or it has this kind of naturally wrong but very cool look to it?  Those are some of my favorite photos, and more than likely they came from a Lomographic camera. 

If you aren’t familiar with what I am talking about, here is a short summary from Wikipedia about Lomographic cameras:

Lomography emphasizes casual, snapshot photography. Characteristics such as over-saturated colors, off-kilter exposure, blurring, "happy accidents," and alternative film processing are often considered part of the "Lomographic Technique."

I think the unpredictability of the images is what appeals to me. I love digital photography, but I will always hold a soft spot for film and the unique characteristics of these cameras.

Below are a few of the cameras I am referring to and links to where you can find them, as well as some of the images that they can produce. I hope that you love them as much as I do. 

Cheers! 

Audrey 










The Holga is SO much fun! I finally broke down and bought another one because they're just so unpredictable and fantastic!

Yeah, the Holga is my favorite camera of all time. Still works flawlessly...unlike the digitals I have to buy every 3 years.

Benjamin

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile