« Home | A trip to Chicago. » | Vote for Jinx! » | My Sisters!!!!!!!!!! » | Back to the old stomping grounds! » | A bright red, beautiful barn! » | Sleepover!!! » | I never knew I loved Marietta, GA! » | My friend Sam. » | A hot wedding for a hot couple! » | My Wisdom Teeth are Gone... »

A day on the town

Last week Peter and I spent all day Thursday with a group of graphic designers and photographers involved with "the615" practicing different lighting set ups. Our friend Allen Clark, who is an amazing commercial photographer, showed me different ways to use lighting for a more fashion type look. I had such a good time! It is always so energizing learning from people with a different outlook and style than I have. There were around 25 of us there moving from place to place, trying new techniques and learning from each other. Gregory Byerline, another wonderful photgrapher who works with us sometimes, let us know about the day . Here are some samples of what I did on Thursday.


I snapped this one of Peter just before it began to rain! Not bad for the minute I had to take it.

After it rained, we went under the interstate bridge near 2nd Ave which is where I took this.

For our final stop, we went to the Flying Saucer and set up. It is such a cool venue. This was probably the hardest photograph for me to take- the lighting is completely different than what I normally do. Even though it was tough, I defenitely learned the most from it.

Ahhh... this is more my style. I love it! Can you believe this is the first time this girl had modeled??!!

I had to post this one because Peter took it... and I think he did a great job! He's been slowly learning how to work with the camera. He already has a good eye, so now he's just learning the technical side.

The set up underneath the bridge.

And finally, this is one Peter took of me. When I told Peter that I looked so worried he said that I always look like that when I am looking at my camera! I honestly had no idea. Funny funny.

About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile