« Home | Shannon & James » | Beth & Rex » | Audrey & Ben » | Ashley's Bride Guide & 27 Dresses » | My Little Sister... » | We're Back! » | Merry Christmas! » | Audrey & Ben's After Session » | Sandra & Scott » | Cough, Cough... »

Megan & Sean- Athens, GA

I have been very exciting about posting some of these images from Megan & Sean's wedding in Athens, GA- my hometown! Megan and I met in college, and we quickly became friends. Not only do I love Megan, but her entire family- all 9 of them! Megan had such a sweet ceremony, and as always with the Slabodas, very stylish and beautiful. I still remember when Megan first started dating Sean, and then breaking up with him. He lived in Canada, and she in Georgia, USA. After many years they knew they were supposed to be together. Then after more work, Sean is an official a resident, and they are officially married! I could go on and on about everything, but I won't, so lets get straight to the images!

Their wedding was at the Day Chapel at the Botanical Gardens in Athens. It is one of the most beautiful, simple chapels that I have every seen.



Megan getting ready.





I LOVE her veil, so classic.




Peter grabbed this unscripted shot, and I think it is just perfect.



Look at the beautiful wood work in the chapel.




This is a sweet image of Megan with her youngest siblings.



Megan with her bridesmaids- her sisters Melissa and Tori, and her best friend Karri. Karri was my second shooter the first year of Dove, she then moved to China, and she just moved to Nashville this year! Yay!



Isn't Megan gorgeous in this image?!



And I just love how Sean is looking at his wife here.



Since there were so many people who had come from out of town, Megan and Sean wanted to keep hanging out after the wedding. So a group of us headed to a very cool bar/venue in Athens. And of course I had to bring my camera. This is Megan when she arrived- why not stay in your wedding dress?!



And this shows just how much fun everyone had.



And I wanted to end with a shoot we did the day before the wedding- I new that the old car would suit their vintage style perfectly.





Before I let you go, I need to mention that I was so honored to photograph Megan's wedding. Megan's dad is a wonderful photographer, as well as her sister Melissa. Melissa has just recently begun to start photographing children and she has a very peaceful feel to her photographs that I think is great. You can see her new blog here.

Hope everyone had fun watching the Super Bowl last night!!!

Whitney

The photographs are beyond AMAZING!!! It was sooo much fun having you and Peter around. I can't wait until megan and sean move and then troy and I will road trip on over and we'll all get to hang out! Thank you so much for your kind words and the link!

Ahhh!!! I love love this one of Megan at the bottom! They all look great! Megan looks like a porcelain doll!

Melissa, thank you so much! We would LOVE to have you and Troy up here for a visit when Megan and Sean move. It would be so much fun! Hopefully there visit next week will seal the deal for them!

Jess, thanks! I think the one of Megan is my favorite as well!

-Whitney

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile