« Home | Megan & Sean- Athens, GA » | Shannon & James » | Beth & Rex » | Audrey & Ben » | Ashley's Bride Guide & 27 Dresses » | My Little Sister... » | We're Back! » | Merry Christmas! » | Audrey & Ben's After Session » | Sandra & Scott »

The Storm.

I hope that everyone came through the storm safe and with their homes in tact. I am so sad for those that were devastated by it. When I was little I would get so excited about tornadoes. My whole family would huddle in the closet together with our flashlights and I would call my best friend and we would talk to each other throughout the storm. It was like playing in a fort to me. When I finally was old enough to realize how dangerous and SCARY tornadoes were, I could not have been more frightened! Tornadoes are now my biggest fear, so whenever there is a warning I make sure we are prepared and safe! I found a service through the Weather Channel that will call you if there is a warning. It is great if you are asleep and there is a warning, because it will call and wake you up. You can find out more information on Notify here. After our first call our upstairs neighbors cam down with their adorable dog and then we went into our closet for a bit. And as nervous as I was, we actually had fun huddling together in our closet, and luckily for us the brunt of the storms missed us all night. I am so thankful for that. I hope everyone has a good, restful day after this crazy night we just had.

Whitney

That really was a crazy storm last night. Glad to hear you are all safe and sound. Thanks for posting about the call service. I had never heard of that. I stayed up all night watching the news ready to run to the basement if need be! Next time I'll use the call service!

Glad you guys are safe and sound.
Take care down there,
Amy

Jessica, it was really handy and worked really well. Hope to see you soon!

Thanks Amy, we're glad too!

Whitney

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile