« Home | Snow! » | Anna & Joe's Engagement Session » | Shelley & Lamar, a Christmas Wedding » | Happy Valentine's Day! » | Jenny & Joey » | Justin & Mary, Nashville PUG » | Congratulations Stephanie & Sean! » | The Storm. » | Megan & Sean- Athens, GA » | Shannon & James »

Happy Birthday Peter!

We just celebrated Peter's 31st birthday this past Tuesday, and had such a good day! It is too bad that I did not take a single photograph, but we were too busy having fun to think about the camera. So I thought I would share with you an interesting recipe that I made for Peter for his birthday. Here is the dilema: I am extremely allergic to apples. And one of Peter's favorite foods is Apple Pie! So, while searching for something to make him for his birthday on my all time favorite cooking sites, All Recipes, I found Mock Apple Pie. It is apple pie made entirely without any fruit at all! I was wary about it, but tried it anyway, and it was AMAZING! I still can not get over how much it tasted like Apple Pie. The secret ingredient? Ritz Crackers! The story about the origin of this pie is that in the Great Depression, fresh fruit was very scarce. So this pie was made so that people could still enjoy a fruity dessert that was very cheap to make. Click here for the recipe. Let me know if you try it!


-Whitney

About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile