« Home | Congratulations Stephanie & Sean! » | The Storm. » | Megan & Sean- Athens, GA » | Shannon & James » | Beth & Rex » | Audrey & Ben » | Ashley's Bride Guide & 27 Dresses » | My Little Sister... » | We're Back! » | Merry Christmas! »

Justin & Mary, Nashville PUG

Peter and I are the leader's of a photography group through Pictage here in Nashville called PUG. I joined this group when I first started in the wedding business and it has become like a home to me. Every month I can't wait to see everyone, learn from each other, and just hang out. Usually we don't get home until after midnight on the days of the meetings. This Thursday, Justin and Mary Marantz were the guest speakers at the PUG and we had such a great time. They traveled here from Connecticut to share about their wonderful photography business and we all learned a ton. We had over 30 people at the meeting, and everyone was bursting with questions at the end. Mary and Justin and so sincere and open and are very invested in helping other photographers with their business. Plus, they are great photographers on top of that! Here are some images of the night.

Justin and Mary answering questions after the presentation.




Zach asking questions, Chris and Joan listening intently.




I kept trying to catch a natural moment with Sean and Mel, but Sean has serious camera radar!



Afterwards we all went to eat at Mafiaoza's, one of my favorite restaurants in town- mostly because of the awesome vibe. Mary didn't realize she had ordered a whole pizza for herself!



Justin and Amber looking very serious.



There were over 20 of us at the restaurant, but I was at the Mafia table, and didn't get a chance to squeeze out and get images of everyone else. Thanks to everyone for coming out, and super duper thanks to Justin and Mary!

-Whitney

Oh my goodness!! Justin and Amber Holritz were there!?!? Those guys are like rock stars to me! I have read as much stuff Amber has written as I can get my hands on. I love her style and the way she is so giving with her advice and expertise. I hope someday to find a network of photographers like that to learn from.

Melissa, yes Amber is great at what she does, and very open and willing to share! That is actually Justin Marantz in the photograph with her, not her husband, Nathan- sorry for the confusion! Nathan was MIA when I was snapping that one.

You should check out the Atlanta PUG sometime. Jen goes almost every month (so you'll know someone there) and it would be a great place the meet people and learn.

Whitney

It was a blast :) Thanks for having us and hope to see you next time!!

Zach and Jody, we were so happy to have you guys!

Whitney

HA! You are so right about Sean - what is wrong with him?? ;) Great hanging out with you guys as always!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile