« Home | Justin & Mary, Nashville PUG » | Congratulations Stephanie & Sean! » | The Storm. » | Megan & Sean- Athens, GA » | Shannon & James » | Beth & Rex » | Audrey & Ben » | Ashley's Bride Guide & 27 Dresses » | My Little Sister... » | We're Back! »

Jenny & Joey

There is something about an old, beautiful church that just makes take a deep breath and remember that there are things so much bigger than you at work in this world. That is how I felt when I entered Assumption Church to photograph Jenny & Joey's wedding. Their long beautiful ceremony gave me time to think about love and how amazing it is that we are able to share this with people that bring meaning to our lives. The best thing of all is being able to share love with the one person that we choose to spend the rest of our lives with. Marriage really is a gift from God. Here are some images from their gorgeous day.








Jenny & Joey's reception was held at the Global Cafe, and I was so impressed with everything! Everything ran so smoothly. And I love all the decorations that Jenny picked out for the wedding- the red just made everything pop.


One of my favorite things about this wedding was seeing all of the emotion. You can really tell that family is important to Jenny & Joey. Things went from very tender to fun in a short amount of time. And boy did everyone have fun!


This is one of my favorite moments... Joey went to feed Jenny the cake, and instead missed her mouth and dropped it. I love all the reactions!


We took a minute to grab this shot just before we left.

Two days after the wedding, we met back up with Jenny & Joey for and After Session and had a lot of fun getting these shots around downtown. We started back at the global cafe.


I love this one... Look closely!




Thanks so much for letting me be a part of your elegant wedding and braving the cold weather with me!


-Whitney

Wowee! You guys really cranked it up a notch on this one! Beautiful as always but these are especially great! Love the stair shot! Great job guys! :)

We love our pics, you are probably so over us saying that. Thank you so much for capturing such great moments of our big day.
LOST- I had to watch last week's episode twice. I can't wait till this weeks.

Mel, thank you so much!!! I totally appreciate the encouragement!

Jenny, I am so glad that you like them, that is always my goal for a wedding. It means so much to hear that! Lost keeps getting better and better... only two more days until we get our weekly dose!

Whitney

Wow! That is really all I can say! These images have great impact and I love how you use the light with your subjects. What was your set up for that stair shot? If you don't mind sharing? Thanks!

Eric, what a compliment! Thank you! The lighting was pretty simple. There was a remotely triggered 580ex sitting on the ground level with the couple pointing towards them, and then I bounced my on camera flash off the wall beside me which filled in the rest of the image. I always try to work quickly for weddings, so any time I can bounce my on camera flash, I do. I also love the soft light that it gives!

Whitney

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Dove Wedding Photography
  • From South East, United States
  • Whitney Carlson, Peter Carlson and their team take an artistic approach to traditional wedding photography. Our goal is to blend fine-art photography, photojournalistic images, and traditional portraits. To capture the mood you are looking for in your photographs, our team of photographers will strive to get to know you personally before and during the wedding. Working throughout the event with minimal direction and posing allows the bride and groom to relax as we document the sites and emotions of the day. As a team, we have the advantage of capturing all aspects of your wedding day, from the preparation to the farewell, in a way you will remember. View our website here.
My profile